Friday, April 11, 2008

My Saturday show

I have always been a people-watcher. I honestly use my ADD skills to their fullest when I am able to just sit in a very busy airport or mall or PTA meeting with nothing to do but observe others.



Tomorrow, I will get to do a bit of that. Ideally, I will be super-duper busy selling Wendy's Pearls and stuff, but hopefully I can people-watch. I'm especially interested in this grouping of people because the event is a luncheon. A $50 a plate luncheon. I don't think I've ever put $50 of food on my plate, so I want to see what those people are like. I'll bet they dress better than me, walk more elegantly than me, and...the best part is that they will probably have "surgical enhancements" that will make me go, "Hmmmmm." I'm showing how shallow I am, aren't I?


I'm kind of joking, because after all, these are California Utah Women. They are California women celebrating their Utah heritage. That's me!! These are MY people!!

Oh wait. I just told James the name of the organization. He said I don't qualify as a California woman. He said I have never embraced California as my home. ((bites lip)) Oh well. I hope these lovely ladies aren't too hoity-toity to pass up charitable pearls.

Even if I am too busy selling, I will be at the Happiest Place on Earth. Next door. At the hotel.

3 comments:

Kairle Oaks said...

Too funny. Apparently they did away with the Utah California Women's group (CA women who now live in UT). Hmmm... I wonder what that means. ;-)

Have fun!

Marilee said...

So it is ok to live somewhere yet not embrace it? I am happy to know that, because California will always be my embraceable home, Utah can be yours. There now we are both happy.

I love to people watch too, airports are the best!
Have a great day, oh and sell some pearls.

mama jo said...

hopefully i wasn't the hoity toity one....it was fun to see you..hope you did well...the luncheon was fun, you should come next time...and i think they mostly were in jeans and things...