Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Aha! Rust!

No one is aware of my amnesia as much as me, but I can't remember such a wonderful product as this one I used today. Yes--just today, people!!


You see, I have a favorite cream-colored knit cardigan that I like to wear with everything. It (tragically) was left in our ancient dryer for a day. We inherited the dryer when we were married. It was ancient even 18 years ago. Thats the same dryer that was built back when Things Didn't Wear Out. The dryer heat settings have been reduced to Super Hot, Mostly Hot, and No Heat. There used to be several more settings.....but I digress. I blame this gifted dryer for a lot of woes in my life---because it can't defend itself, mostly. The years of tumbling Levi's rivets have taken their toll on this dryer's insides and created rusty gouges. If the not-totally-dried clothes have not been immediately removed, then the Rusting begins. I have tossed out many pieces of clothing and tablecloths. For, you see, not ALL fabrics choose to be on a Mostly Hot setting. Again, I digress. I couldn't bear to part with this particular sweater this time around. I found the Carbona solution in my grocery store. I expected this process of de-rusting to last all day. Good thing I cleared my morning schedule (jk). I applied some solution to spots on one sleeve, and methodically dabbed in a clockwise fashion. Boring enough yet? The stains were gone before I returned to the first sleeve. Wow. Don't walk; run to the nearest store and buy this product. But then again, you have probably never seen rust stains on your clothes.

Note: We are accepting applications for donated dryers. The less rusty, the better.

Don't forget to check back tomorrow to view "The Best Spring Break Road Trip Ever" issue #1.

1 comment:

Marilee said...

Does it take out grease stains? If so, send me some because I doubt they have that here. Just joshin you. I will buy some the next time I am in "the states".