Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Back to School for us!


School is in session! We have a 10th grader, an 8th grader, a 4th grader, and the 1st grader. When did that 8th grader get so much taller than our 10th grader? I was hanging around the PTA sign-ups just enough to sign up for the Walk-a-Thon. I'll do my usual Tuesday (Get Paid Day) at the school, but I'll start a bit earlier. Hey--who doesnt want to watch other people's children at 7:50 in the morning? My kids aren't keen to it. They know that if Dad can't take them to school...EVERYONE gets to their campuses extra early (if they want a ride). What troopers .....muahahaa!

When asked by their dad how the first day of school went--the oldest said, "It was okay." The next one said, "It was boring." Of course, that was the girl with poor eyesight and wears black. The 3rd girl said, "I really liked it! My teacher is SO nice!" And the youngest didn't want to talk about her teacher, "Now I'm talking about me now! I really like being in 1st grade! I only have 2 other kids from my last class. One is Austin James...you know dad--like your name. And the other is Cesar Oros. Thats it! And I can't believe Mia is in my class!" We got quite the earful.

6 comments:

mama jo said...

and seminary starts again...yipppee..

Kairle Oaks said...

My goodness...you don't post for ages, then when I check up on you I realize I've missed almost a month's worth of posts!

Yippee for you...a new ride!

And I want to know which one of you was the pushover! "Wii" keep telling the girls that there's no way we're forking out hundreds of $$ so that they can play video games. And don't try to tell me that it's really exercise!!! I'm not buying it! lol!

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

Okay...here is to my sister...the nay-sayer of Wii. Don't knock it til you've tried it! The pushover? *points to James* And, heck yeah! its good excercise! I'm so sore from the boxing alone. And I can now join the Olympic Bowling team because I pretty much rule the lanes.

Andrea said...

Your girls are so grown up!!

Kairle Oaks said...

If you don't got a ball, it ain't bowling!

Audrey said...

Vote #2 for the Wii. Not that I have ever tried it, but it entertains my children and anything that can do that is divine. Your girls are beautiful! Must be in the genetics.