Friday, June 1, 2007

The 3rd day...

Again, thanks to you who have been concerned and kept James in your thoughts during his recovery. Yesterday was QUITE a 'down' day for him. He now figures it was due to the extra meds he took on Wednesday (just to be sure he was pain-free). Oh--and he was tired. The crazy thing is that this morning he is sooo much better, and hasn't had any pain meds since yesterday at 4am. He credits the CPM for keeping his leg moving, and not stuck in an uncomfortable position. Yay! This is amazing! The CPM gadget is set up level to his hip, and his leg sits in a sling-type rig. The machine very slowly (sometimes I think its turned off) pulls his foot toward him. He gradually will build up the degree of flexion (is that a word?). As you can imagine, right now he is in his recliner with the laptop. Lots of 'catching-up' to do in his world.

I have taken the gardening upon myself. I think James thought I was doing that before, and I always thought it was one of his tasks. Now that I have some cute tomatoes and basil growing, I'm taking charge. We have had a problem with bunnies and squirrels eating tomatoes. Although the tomatoes are still too small for nibbling, James' berry bush has almost been stripped clear of all new growth and the blossoms and berries with it. We put a little chicken wire cage around it and on top, but I think its too late. This morning a little ripe berry had been nibbled just an inch beyond the wire! Bunnies are the cutest non-pet we have. I can only fear for their lives if they keep this up and James' comes hobbling after them with his crutches one day!

Today, Jenna "bridges" (equivalent to graduates) from Daisy scouts to Brownie scouts. All of the girls have spent at least 4 years in Girl Scouts.



I can't find Amanda's Daisy photos...but she is the one who will earn her Silver award soon. By the time she is 16, she will have earned her Gold--pretty much equivalent to an Eagle for the boys. Go Amanda! She has fantastic leaders.

1 comment:

Kairle Oaks said...

I'm so glad to hear that James is doing better, Suz. Give him our love.

For some reason your pictures are still not showing up. I wish I could tell you what's wrong.