Sunday, January 4, 2009

Cream cheese Mints

When James and I were married, I had a bad habit of not sending Thank You notes to my gift-givers. I'm not quite that girl anymore, but I hope that my lacking etiquette didn't offend too many. James and I were appreciative of everything we got for our wedding--especially the beautiful wooden plaque with our photo and the Los Angeles Temple. I had to throw that in, because the card had fallen off, and we couldn't even thank you---even IF I had used my engraved Thank You notes. But that is not exactly why I'm posting today. I have another tried-and-true wedding gift that I have to share my feelings about. The gift-givers were ladies in my home ward at church (I still have their gift card). I love these ladies, and that they thought my husband and I would start out our marriage with homemade candy makes me appreciate them more! Thank you: Lois Axford, Barbara Murdoch, Joan Walters and Susan Walters. The book? Candymaking, by Ruth Kendrick and Pauline Atkinson. It has been a treasure. Yesterday, my girls were wanting a mint we had made last Easter. I said I'd find the recipe and it was theirs for the making! We made Cream Cheese Mints. So simple. Even if the recipe says to use a wooden spoon, a little patience and a KitchenAid mixer together does the work for you. And we double the recipe every time. Since Monica was the instigator, she was the one to finish off the product by rolling the little mint balls in sugar (I pressed them with the fork). I love that my girls relate this recipe to home. My childhood memories of the little Cream Cheese Mints goes back to wedding receptions with BYU Wedding Punch. That punch is hauntingly delicious...especially when it is SKY BLUE.

5 comments:

Kari said...

Sky blue punch--Wow! I can't say I have tried THAT concoction, but my mouth is watering over the mints. Now I want to try making them! :)

Audrey said...

Oh thanks for the recipe! Homemade mints. The Green family is always on the cutting edge.

Anonymous said...

I have not had those at your house before ? Maybe for the cookie exchange? Maybe not. They look pretty yummy.

Brandon, Christie, and Addie said...

The mints look delicious and it will also be a great memory for you and the girls. I made my own Christmas goodies this year, they were not bad but then my mom came and we made more treats and of course the ones I made with her were much better! Very cute Christmas pictures! Hope the new year is going well for you.

Anonymous said...

hiya greenhousefam.blogspot.com blogger discovered your blog via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com