Saturday, May 31, 2008

Out in the Garden...week 2

Why we should never, ever trust Susan with yard clippers.........(or scissors)

So I said to myself this morning, "Self, lets listen to some excellent tunes and tidy up the front yard a little."


My Self should have protested. Those unkempt shrubs didn't deserve the beating they got. I only wanted them to look more like our neighbor, StogieMan's, shrubs. Thats all.


StogieMan will be so disappointed that I'm his neighbor.

All of this reminds me of when I wanted to give Amanda a little "trim" before she entered kindergarten. I nearly cried at the outcome, but hey, (sniffle) the hair grew back in about 5 months. Yeah--it was THAT bad. Thanks Amanda for not holding a grudge.......4 months after "the cut"


By the way....I am not finished with those shrubs! I need to ponder the situation I have created. James is questioning whether I should be allowed access to the foliage anymore. I have no problem ripping the shrubs out and replacing them with colorful annuals. Marigolds are much more festive anyway...

What do you suggest?

6 comments:

Kairle Oaks said...

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll be sure to hide all gardening tools before you arrive!!!

And who said Amanda's not still holding a grudge?!

Aprilyn said...

Susie, put down the gardening tools! It's time to hire someone to do the work for you. Maybe StogieMan will have some ideas.

Audrey said...

What is that saying? The road to heaven is paved with good intentions? This poor bush lines your road to heaven. If you are not patient enough to wait for it to grow back, (I wouldn't be) Annuals are the way to go. I am more of a flower girl anyway.

Marilee said...

OUCH! The gardners make it all look so easy don't they? That poor shrub of a plant, it looks so, so....naked.

Good thing you live in California where the sun always shines and the plants grow all year long. It will look great in no time.

mama jo said...

oops...that's why i never go in the garden...

Kari said...

Aaahhh! I SOOOOO feel your pain!! I did the same thing at our other place, and left this poor, sad, brown-twig-of-a-plant, for people to look at and say, "Wow, what did that bush ever do to HER...?"

(Mine was not QUITE that bad, but it took forever, like a year +, to look 1/2 way normal again...sorry but I'd call it a day for that bush!)