Monday, September 10, 2007

My sister is great because....

I have the best sister. That is her -upside down- in the photo. I'm the shy blond one above. This photo was taken at a Mexican playground (heh). Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have of us as kids (at the moment). I'm sure it's because several years back, mom was tired of all the photos lying around the house and she divvied them up, gave us all our own albums, and we made our own 'scrapbooks'. As an 8 year old, I only grabbed the photos with me. But lets chat about my sister... She blogged the nicest things about me in her quilting blog. She said I was the cool sister. If cool means I'm the one who is less responsible, less organized, less talented, less persevering--but has a nice ride and a Wii---then she is correct. I'm that girl. You know when you do something amazing that really makes you want to pat your own back? I come across one of those moments and can't wait to share it with my sister. Chances are..she already has a library of those moments to relate to. Yes, I took up knitting and then found out that she had been in an internet group of quilters for a couple of years. A couple of quilts? No! She had several. I learned to make my own Freezer Jam last summer. It turns out that my sister already has a stock-pile of her own Freezer Jam and even has a better recipe! I harvested my cherry tomatoes. She has a Martha Stewart-type of garden with several kinds of veggies, about a dozen herbs, and fruit trees. Our family has a Wii (because if nothing else, it makes my kids have to stand to play--that's exercise, right?), but her family has the trampline. My kids LOVE the trampoline. My sister's kids are super smart (I couldnt stop staring at their end-of-year reports that decorated the fridge) because they got their parents genes....my kids are "social" at school (sorry kids, thats all your parents gave you). For those of you who know her, she is so kind and has tons of good advice. She was recently put in charge of the women in her congregation at church. She looks after their needs and welfare and is just a great friend to all. They love her, and are so fortunate to have her. I just wish I lived next to her *tears are welling up*. Go to her blog and get to know her. Then you will think I'm cool cuz I have her for a sister!

5 comments:

mama jo said...

sisters are the greatest...they are always there for you..

Audrey said...

Sisters are great! but in addition to a Wii, and a bigger garden than mine, I would herald your ability to create magic in a room full of primary children on a Sunday morning, and you are the fastest ice-cream, mint-getter in the west, and someone who always loves Grace. There will be a place in heaven for you!

Kairle Oaks said...

Ahhh...aren't you just the sweetest?! I was going to see if I could dig up an old picture of the two of us for my post, but ran out of time.

BTW, I sure look amazing hanging from my knees with my long hair dangling!

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

Yes, you do look amazing! You owned that monkey bar!

Karl and Cheryl said...

I think that you have done just fine. I saw your 'maters, they looked great!