Saturday, September 15, 2007

Go Me! or "Why I'm Not a Quilter Yet"

Look what I did! This photo doesn't show the completed item with the girls' names and coach's name. Well, embarrassingly enough, I don't sew and I would appreciate you not pulling up any high quality resolutions--thank you very much! I just got a little 'bee in my bonnet' and when I was at last Saturday's opening day at the soccer fields, my eyes were always drawn to the cutest, home made team banners. Since our team's banner was still unmade, I decided that Jenna's team would get one of those--and it was up to me. How gallant, I thought. Well, as you can see, experience was not behind me. I felt like I was back in 7th grade sewing class with Miss Hanson tsk-tsking over my shoulder. I know enough about using a sewing machine to know when I'm cheating. I cheated a lot on this Ladybug banner. I'm still laughing at the bunched-up mass jammed around the feeder area. I hate to ask...but "what am I doing wrong?" So, the banner took 2 days to figure out, and I was ready to display it proudly today at Jenna's game. Jenna has other plans. She plans on being sick and not playing her game today. I reluctantly agree. She was up coughing a lot last night. Thank goodness I have a blog to document this momentous occasion. By the way, I did a banner for Brielle's team last year. It was nice, but I learned that hot-glueing fabric is just not as sturdy as the sewn fabric.

5 comments:

mama jo said...

that looks darling...what a lot of work...you are very creative

Audrey said...

I am speechless at your abilities! Who is the domestic goddess now? Not only is it wonderful, but you are so brave to take on this task. I pretended to "chase" Carter at the team meeting when they were looking for a banner maker. So in other words, I ran. You, however, can add it to your resume!Well done!

Marilee said...

I did the banner thing too one year, the name? TH
he Kiwi's....yah, dumb!! I did kiwi birds, the team wanted kiwi fruit, whatever, nobody else volunteered

Marilee said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your banners!!!! Fun, but a ton of work, and I agree that the best ones are homemade, none of that airbrushed stuff. EWE!

Kairle Oaks said...

Cuuuute!!! Looks good, sis. Way to go! We don't do the banner thing here in Happy Valley...thank goodness! lol!