Monday, November 17, 2008

James


When you don't have your own accident-prone 9 year old son, what do you do to pass the time?

Well, us 5 ladies sit back and wait for the man of the house to hurt himself, so we can quiz him on the events that led up to the wounding. Usually he is unaware of his gaping wounds, but this time he couldn't brush it off!On Saturday the 8th of November, James was Four-Wheeling with boys and men from church. James crashed big time. He got hurt big time. Did he go to the doctor? No. That would have been nice, but inconvenient for Mr.Toughy.His self-diagnosis was 1) bruised ribs from hitting the handlebar (which bent) and 2) a badly scraped arm from the tire's sandy wheel. He may have been right about the bruised ribs; but later realized that it was the EXHAUST PIPE which damaged his arm. I have been designated as his nurse. I wish I had a real medical professional in the house! In spite of what you may have heard, husbands and wives should NOT play doctor.I also wish I had photos to prove what a knucklehead he is being for not seeking medical advice, but I know many of you have weak stomachs.

-------------------------------------------------------------

On a bright note, James has been a very good boy--it appears--- and is now in our Bishopric at church. He is a 2nd counselor to the Bishop. We are ready to support him in this new adventure!
First on my list: get the girls to church on time. I'll need an army of angels on my side.
Second on my list: to have a traditional Sunday Dinner worthy of a 2nd counselor, waiting for him when he returns home from a busy day of meetings. Grilled cheese sandwiches just won't cut it anymore. Okay--- so they rarely came close to his mother's Sunday Dinners.

10 comments:

Karl and Cheryl said...

There are many Sundays that I would take the grilled cheese and tomato soup option. Not enough time to eat the big meal. Buuuut, if you are having something nummy, let me know in advance. Maybe I'll drop by. lol. Seriously, tell James not to increase the percentage of cadaver parts of his body from 1% to 100%. (Is that an inside joke?)

Kari said...

so sad. so cute. so funny. How do they all act the same? Boys that is... Well, congrats to him and you on the new calling. I think grilled cheese is a perfectly good Sunday Dinner. To me, it's too much work to make this huge outrageous dinner on Sundays. So we eat leftovers, or frozen pizza. We're perfectly happy with that... And I'm not slaving in the kitchen when everyone else is sleeping, or relaxing.

Andrea said...

Hahaha!! Susan, congrats and Dave sends his condolences!! Sorry to hear about his injuries. I agree no playing doctor for us either. I'm usually not the sentimental one, especially if it's self inflicted.

Kari said...

Susan, GREAT pictures to go with the post!!!!!!!!!! (I don't know WHO did a pencil drawing of our house Sunday dinner, at the end, though...)

And of COURSE James is a counselor in the Bishopric. Your family is awesome. Tell me who is in the whole Bishopric now?

Brandon, Christie, and Addie said...

Cute post. Sorry about the injuries James. Brandon tells me often that we need to have a son, I tell him that maybe we will someday but for now I have him. I could not pay Brandon enough money to get him to a doctor, maybe if he was dying! I liked the pictures with the post but I would have loved to see the real photos, yes I am a sick and twisted nurse!Congrats on the new calling!

mama jo said...

guess he keeps you on your toes...he will be great in he bishopric...do they come home on sundays?

Kelli Radmall said...

Men are just like that, huh? I'm sorry about the injuries but I'm glad it wasn't worse! Yuck. Congrats on the new calling.

Audrey said...

From the frying pan, into the fire. Maybe they thought that putting him in the bishopric would keep him from getting injured? Whatever the reason, he will do great! Make you a deal.... last one to church buys pinkberry. (on Monday of course.)

Aprilyn said...

Doh! Good one James! Maybe he should quit trying to be such a tough guy..just a little bit. Like maybe go to the doctor..just once though of course.

Marilee said...

I'm with Kari. Who is in the Bishopric? Congratulations. Mark is on the High Council and loves it! I think all this means we are getting old!