Saturday, February 7, 2009

I LOVE FEBRUARY







FEBRUARY is a magical month, don't you think? Growing up in a snowy climate, February was the 'fun month' despite the slushy, leftover, ugly, crusty snow. None of that mattered because our classrooms were always bright red and lovely. I still get great satisfaction from pulling apart paper doilies. There were a million crafts to go along with Valentine's Day--and don't forget the black-on-white silhouettes of Presidents Washington and Lincoln. February has Groundhog's Day. What other month celebrates a shy animal? The clincher is that February had a day off for the President's birthdays, AND it had less days than the rest of the months.


Lets cheer for Love, and the BEST MONTH of the year!!

Oh--and I was born in February. But that has nothing to do with it.

4 comments:

Kari said...

Aaahh, Fantastic February! AND you posted a photo of my all-time favorite cookies, those pirouette rolled-up cookies.

Do you remember that cool Valentines Day couples dinner you had a few years back? You had red mylar heart balloons, and took black-and-white photos of each couple as we arrived. I have to say that's one of my very FAVORITE pictures of me and Frank, and it's STILL up on our headboard in our room! Thanks for that memory!

Audrey said...

Yeah, I remember a certain black & white photo from that event that James took, and it is NOT displayed in a public place. Well at least I hope Kevin doesn't have it in his office or something. yikes.

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

Don't worry, Audrey. We have that incriminating photo on our hard drive. Just in case.

Kari said...

I love Feb too! Cute how you love little things like this! You're so cute. Ahhh, I miss you. AND SoCal