Sunday, December 9, 2007

I sang in a choir!


Although this isn't the most amazing news to any of you, I must admit it is the best feeling to be included in a Christmas choir of 91 singers. The conductor is top-rate and he also directs the Southern California Mormon Choir. Need I mention how intense he is? The concert was performed in two locations this evening. I am a little sad to see it end. I will post the link as soon as it is up on the website. In the meantime you can hear one of my favorite songs, Angels We Have Heard on High from a past Christmas concert with a smaller group.

I confess, I'm not a strong singer...nor do I hit the right notes as often as I should. I think that is why I just love being in a choir with a brilliant conductor. It is possible to bring out a pretty sound--if even for one evening!

Oh...and you can tell I'm never going pro with my singing career because I'm the one who is crying during the songs. The sweet spirit just tugs at my heart.

8 comments:

mama jo said...

i'm sure your voice was as beautiful as you are...

Aprilyn said...

That's so great you got to be in such a good choir. I hope your concert went well. What part do you sing? I am an alto all the way. I can't sing high anymore.

Cindy Price said...

How fun for you!!

I feel like you do. I don't have a strong voice. I have an alto voice, but can't always hear the alto notes. Okay, I take that back, I can rarely hear the alto notes. But music just touches my heart like no other way does. And I still love to sing!!

I think is great your Stake has a webpage like that!!

One of my special memories is singing the Messiah with a choir at the San Luis Obispo Mission. I was way out of my league on that one. When it came time for the song, "The Trumpets Will Sound" the trumpet player was hiding in the balcony in the back. It still gives me goosebumps to think about it!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Susan! The concert was BEAUTIFUL, I forgot to tell you. We went to the early one at the T.O. building. THANK YOU for all your hard work!

Marilee said...

Are you trying to bring tears to my eyes? I love that the songs are posted online. Now I need to figure out how to download them to a CD. You all sounded so great. So glad you enjoyed participating, the concert is always so anticipated with Frank conducting.

Mark and I were so happy that we were able to be in NP the weekend of the concert. It was so wonderful to be there again and see so many people that we know and love. Is there a more perfect part of the world? The weather, the people, the church members, the shopping, the weather, the weather, and then there's the weather...

Anonymous said...

Is this Susan Green that was my Laurel advisor back in the mid-90's in the TO 1st ward?!

Love your blog! I love singing in choirs, too. I so know what you mean about getting teary eyed...

Visit me at http://www.heylucy.typepad.com/sijbrich

Love- Maren (Judd) Ou Yang

Audrey said...

If you sang like you did in the ward performance and like you do with the kids in primary, I bet it was great!

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

I'm an alto (2nd to be precise). I prefer Karen Carpenter's range. She's my fave voice I can belt out lyrics with!