Monday, October 15, 2007

My sister's cute Autumn decor

Well, she did it. My sister has just deflated my day. I wanted the day to be wonderful, but how can that be--now that I know how cute her house is, and how much fun she must have had while putting it together? Just scroll down to October 8th to see her photos of her quilts and house. *sigh* Did I need to mention that Happy Valley undoubtedly has that crisp chill in the air? Yeah--she had to go and take pictures outside as well. with the snow-covered mountains. I guess I'll just stare at my two $4.98 scarecrows (from Joanne's Fabrics) that I thought were going to add some punch to my under-designed, under-decorated home. The boy and girl scarecrows actually resemble $8.15 scarecrows (which were worthy of an entire page blogged exclusively on them)--but for now I can't revel in my thrifty shopping.

Do you think she will get my fun birthday card I picked out for her? It is her birthday on the 19th...and I might just have to blog about that. That will show her!

But seriously--I can't be too hard on her because she is the only family who reads my blogs! I love her to death.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Cute scarecrows. Your sister's quilts are quite impressive, but more importantly, she's next to johnny depp and orlando bloom!! :)

Marilee said...

all I have is a pumpkin by the front door...Ok, we grew it in the garden, but still....booorring.

Kairle Oaks said...

Oh, you're so sweet!!! There are just so many fun shops around that I can't help myself. The secret is to buy a few nice things each year and eventually you'll have quite an ensamble! But don't waste your time putting candy bars in a hurricane lamp...the fam already ruined my display, dangit!!!

Now about my birthday...you'd better be nice. It's quite a fete to reach 45. And you're a day early if you think it's on the 18th. lol!

Susan, Susie, Suz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan, Susie, Suz said...

Oh! I have to laugh that I forgot your birthday day...darn you and Marie Cottrell for having birthdays right next to each other. You can let her know that I remember her birthday wrong as many times as I remember yours wrong.

Oh well...it's all been corrected! And that was my comment above that was deleted...I'm a spaz.

Audrey said...

Just so you know, Grace loves your fabulous little scarecrows. As we left your house, she said, "we should get some scarecrows Mom." So consider your home fully decorated in her eyes!